Program Coordinator Spotlight: Head Tennis Coach – Lainy Hanson
Where did you go to college?
What was a memorable college experience for you?
- Having all our team meals and all of the foreign athletes thinking all of the campus food was amazing
Where did you coach/work before St. Andrew's?
- I coached at Mac360, Barton Creek Country Club, and Lost Creek Country Club
What do you enjoy most about working at St. Andrew's?
- The students! They are such wonderful kids and have fantastic manners
What is your favorite movie?
What is your go to game day snack?
What is a something positive that you have experienced or been able to do during the pandemic?
- Just this week, I have seen a community come together and support each other during crisis
What is your favorite moment as a member of the SAS Athletic Staff?
- I haven't had many since I am so new, but the support I have had is like no other. The athletic directors have been amazing to me
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- "You never know how strong you are, until it's your only choice." – Bob Marley
Favorite sports to watch/follow outside of work?
What's your walk-up song?
- Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi
Favorite vacation spot?
If you weren't working in athletics, what would you be doing?
- No idea, athletics is where I belong
What do you enjoy most about SPC?
If you could coach any sport (that you do not already coach) what would it be?
How many years have you been a coach/staff member at St. Andrew's?
Do you have any unique pre or post game rituals?
For the latest on St. Andrew's Athletics, follow the Highlanders on social media on Twitter