Program Coordinator Spotlight: Head Girls Lacrosse Coach – Maeve Flaherty
Where did you go to college?
What was a memorable college experience for you?
Where did you coach/work before St. Andrew's?
- I was a Marketing Manager in New York City before transitioning over to the field of education and coaching
What do you enjoy most about working at St. Andrew's?
- My players and the awesome coaching staff members
What is your favorite movie?
- Dances with Wolves or Last of the Mohicans
What is your go to game day snack?
What is a something positive that you have experienced or been able to do during the pandemic?
- Moving to Austin, TX from NYC as a New England native
What is your favorite moment as a member of the SAS Athletic Staff?
- All the Pretty Horses and/ or East of Eden
- "May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears." – Nelson Mandela
Favorite sports to watch/follow outside of work?
What's your walk-up song?
- Promontory - Trevor Jones (Last of the Mohicans)
Favorite vacation spot?
If you weren't working in athletics, what would you be doing?
What do you enjoy most about SPC?
- The commitment to character enrichment
If you could coach any sport (that you do not already coach) what would it be?
- Volleyball or Track & Field
How many years have you been a coach/staff member at St. Andrew's?
Do you have any unique pre or post game rituals?
- Watching a sports movie the night before a game (i.e. Miracle or Remember the Titans)
For the latest on St. Andrew's Athletics, follow the Highlanders on social media on Twitter