Program Coordinator Spotlight: Head Girls Volleyball Coach – Zack Kweder
Where did you go to college?
What was a memorable college experience for you?
- Going in and plucking around on the piano in the music hall by myself late at night
Where did you coach/work before St. Andrew's?
- I was a Systems Engineer for Sears Holdings
What do you enjoy most about working at St. Andrew's?
- Helping the athletes set their sights on something and support them as they go after it
What is your favorite movie?
- I don't have a favorite movie at the moment. I do like having YouTube on with soundscapes on in the background
What is your go to game day snack?
- Bananas and PB&J sandwiches
What is a something positive that you have experienced or been able to do during the pandemic?
- Setting a goal to qualify in a national pro beach volleyball event, working hard towards that, and achieving it
What is your favorite moment as a member of the SAS Athletic Staff?
- Seeing the program working together and pushing each other to get better and that moment happens often.
- Operating Manuals (when I get a new item)
- "Imagination is more important than knowledge." – Albert Einstein
Favorite sports to watch/follow outside of work?
What's your walk-up song?
- Welcome To The Jungle by Guns & Roses
Favorite vacation spot?
If you weren't working in athletics, what would you be doing?
- Helping others in some fashion
What do you enjoy most about SPC?
- I enjoy seeing the girls get into game mode. SPC is their payoff and they playoff and they also know it's usually the time getting them closer to their goals.
If you could coach any sport (that you do not already coach) what would it be?
- Surfing would be good to coach because it gets me to my favorite vacation spot
How many years have you been a coach/staff member at St. Andrew's?
Do you have any unique pre or post game rituals?
- I usually would do visualization exercises and a little meditation before competing. As a coach I don't have one as I just make sure to be present for the athletes
For the latest on St. Andrew's Athletics, follow the Highlanders on social media on Twitter